Thursday, October 6, 2016

Book Review: Graffiti by Joanie Pariera





I received this e-book from Writer's Melon for an honest review.

Graffiti by Joanie Pariera deals about complex relationships and emotions.


Rene sees some weird dreams and thinks her dreams have some meaning (now this was the biggest hook for me). Unexpected break-up with Agni has left her shattered. 

She meets Vipin who is depressed after his wife's death and blames himself for the accident. Then there is Mark who is inexplicably obsessed about Rene and spies on her. Then there is Upi and Hari and Kunal and Subbu and....

This is the biggest problem in this book. There are so many characters and the story seems scattered. For me, it was difficult to keep the track. The author introduces a new character in every chapter. The POV is confusing. Vipin's part is written in first person. Other characters in third person. I didn't get this idea.

I liked the cover! The 'dream' thing disappointed me as it doesn't make the story intriguing as I had expected. Characters and situations are not relatable, and they don't carry the story forward and sometimes seem unnecessary. However, I liked some friendly moments and conversations between Rene and Vipin. The author has expressed the agony of Vipin well.

Some nice reviews call this book hilarious. I didn't find it funny. I don't why it is called 'Sexocomedy'?

Overall, for me, it was not an enjoyable read even though the plot is interesting. I think, it could have been crisp and intriguing if handled and edited well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment