Monday, July 1, 2013

Five films I didn't want to see



It is said that expect the least and you may get the best! It happens all the time.

It's difficult to keep yourself away from expectations and sometimes they disappoint you miserably. And there are few things that happen to you unexpectedly and leave you pleasantly surprised. Well, here I'm talking about films. Films that I didn't want to watch but when I did, they became my favourites!


Chak De India:




"It's better than 'Lagaan'!" My cousin said one day.

"What rubbish!" Was my prompt reaction.

"Well, it's as good as Lagaan" He said.

As good as Lagaan? I couldn't believe it. I wondered what Sharukh Khan and those 16 (Unknown artists) female hockey players were going to do in a film? My cousin insisted and eventually I watched it and now I find myself watching this movie whenever it's coming on the television. Best performance by Shahrukh Khan!



Hera-Pheri:


"Have you seen Hera-Pheri?" My best friend asked.

"No." I wrinkled my nose as if she had asked one of the silliest question. I mean why would anyone watch a movie, starring Akshay Kumar (At that time) - Sunil Shetty.

"Go watch it! It's hilarious!" She said. I was not convinced yet I bought a CD and watched. And it was super hilarious!! I don't remember how many times I have seen that movie.


Hachi - A dog's tale


Richard Gere is one of my favourite actors but when I was browsing through his movie list I never wanted to watch Hachi. Once I caught it on Star Movies accidentally and could resist myself watching. It's a wonderful, touching emotional movie. Read my review HERE.


Jab We Met:



I don't know why but I didn't feel like watching this super hit movie. I thought it would be a random typical love story with some silly acts. But you see, I watch this movie (especially first half) every time I catch it on television. I enjoyed a super talkative Kareena Kapoor, for a change.  Her best performance so far, I think!


Khosla Ka Ghosla:


I mean what's this Khosla Ka Ghosla? I thought when I came to know about this movie. No star cast and all that. Just to kill my time, (One of the boring days you know) I sat to watch this movie and I didn't want to miss a single moment.

After watching this movie (And Bheja Fry!) I've realized that a low budget, downbeat movie could be the best ones.






1 comment:

  1. I loved Bheja Fry. It literally fried my brains.

    'chak de' is my feel-good factor fil. I can watch it any day. And SRK has done a fab job. Wish he takes on more mature roles.
    Nice post Tarang.

    ReplyDelete